Friday, September 24, 2010

WORK BANK FINANCES MONEY POEMS



The mailbox
I try to count the number of envelopes you have
In one week you really selfish aluminum box
Bills mostly, donations to be donated and the
Occasional magazine is mostly your clothing of choice
Ah, the occasional box with pictures all over them
Like its some Halloween show with prizes to be won
Cards are more uncommon with people buying less
Stamps and getting on the computer with e-mail junk
Oh you mailbox where do you find time to see
The flowers blooming in an ever rising slump
Your days are counted when you’ll be replaced with
Government ran decisions with little to say or do

The Self-Seeker
He took credit for the
Beginnings of my work
He went around accepting the
Praises of this hard work
Getting the top seats at
Luncheons and meetings
Doing MY extra hours with
A smirk towards me
But the walls fell when
He couldn’t finish the whole job
He sought my expertise claiming
He’d made a mistake
Only wanting credit where
Credit was due I stepped in
Polishing not only the beginning
But the middle and end as well
With him by my side not letting
His ego completely deflate
Warning him though that great
Teams are better with two heads
Shaking hands to that he can
Sometimes be under my thumb

Prepared
Against all odds-
Feeding thousands hungry
Defeating corners-
Sheltering homeless families
Battling hurdles-
Blanketing the sick
Defying the impossible
Prepared for the worse

Rank
Your world leader forcing you to behave
Doing as your told or you’re off to your grave
Off with their heads they demandingly do speak
Chums are the wealthy staying cheek to cheek
Sweltering movements are personal conquests that must be met
You contributing all the time and never adding to the debt

Sorry I can’t help
I can’t help you nor even myself
I don’t get paid till the first or the twelfth
I have some scraps you can eat what I don’t
I’ve come to the conclusion that maybe you won’t
You just want money that I barely can make
Selling my cow out of hamburger and steak
I feed my five kids forcing obedience with work
I shovel up their mistakes when I can lurk
I pay all the bills utterly sending out the checks
Hardly any quality time for children or even quickie sex
Working too many hours I ache head to toe
They’ve cut many jobs so now we are slow
Barely making ends meet you come to me now
Struggling and juggling you don’t even ask how

Struggle
Feed the economy
Shop at my favorite stores
Live the economy
My car won’t start
Feed the children
This time bread with pizza
Live the children
Just enough mac ‘n cheese
Company increases sales
Pay increase today
Live the job
Hours and medical cut
Remodel the basement and attic
Hire the best contractor
Live the dream home
My roof is falling apart
Paid off two more credit cards
Banks roll the red carpet
Live the security
File chapter 11 or one more loan
I own the world they do comply
You stray you suffer
Live this trickery
War is in the soul only to struggle

Things
Did someone work 70 hours a week
for the clothes on my back
Did someone die on the line for
the cars on our street
Were export or importing laws
broken for these tennies
Did jobs get lost or gained
for the food I eat at home or takeout
Were trees replanted after
furniture or paper made
Were all the crops used to their
full resources from the fruit aisle
Did the wealthy gain more so I
can have food on my table, clothes
on my back or the bed I sleep on
You can’t flatten out a crunchy
cookie then it becomes crumbs

Work
Blue or white collar they both have jobs
Neither is in jail or working for any mobs
They’re tax paying citizens who all have goals
To live their lives, as if not to be moles
A thing has happened where they’re struggling for work
They’ll go to their Work Source and continuously lurk
Seen as a leach is something they never did pride
Head goes low when others think they want a free ride
It’s not they’re fault the company went hay down
Or that the CEO embezzled like a jackass clown
Whatever which way- they’re unemployed and soon broke
Not much in savings they’re even seen as a joke
What shall they do rests upon their will to survive
They have to sink ship and then one loopy dive

9-5 Sucks
I can not write for the desire is gone
Throwing all away and flushed down the john
I try really hard but administration don’t matter
It’s all jargle and nothing but clatter
I cringe at work but get happy when I’m paid
Jobs never last long and quickly do fade
When I do move on I get tired of routine
I’m smothered up in mud and must get myself clean
No paychecks worth this I will not survive
Unless I quit this and desire to be alive
I feel all alone with only sadness caving all around
Giving up easily like a worm goes to the ground
I’m so incomplete because work ranks up high
This whole work thing is just one complete dye

Banks
Looking around to see
frustrated and eager faces
Their money for rent, bills,
food or splurging
Sitting in front of the desk,
the nervousness I get
The blood pressure went to
the head because I feel warm
The gentleman held up the line
for more than fifteen minutes now
Back to an increase in credit I’m
anxiously hoping for just a little more
Her voice changed
I know this is yet another no

Costs Insane
Where did these prices go terribly wrong
Many with one arm and leg left in a country song
Cherished is the drive when gas is a million a gallon
Billions to be fed like little Jenny or little Allen
A brand new car is a dream for many
Once national debt is now world debt of uncanny
A millionaire is middle class no one will even keep up
Selling every worldly procession just to feed my little pup
Poorer than yesterday many only look for hope
Getting by with love is their primary way to cope

Crumb
two blows below the belt
turned to too many
waiting my time out
I couldn’t believe the
hunger and starvation
unbearable along with
utter despair- I
thought what the heck
why not rob to get
me a meal, a room
to shower and sleep in,
or maybe some cell time
for three meals a day
with TV- what
to do crossed over
and over- one more
night I’ll push my cart
and crumb for food

Game Time
To max out a credit card for gas or
Tell passengers to pay up for their share
To max out a credit card to park or
Park on the other side of town and hitchhike
To max out a credit for a program or
Simply go without because in 100 years I won’t remember
To max out a credit card to eat or
Bring own snacks or eat before/after the game
To max out a credit card to sleep overnight or
Drive home tired and risk the fatigue

Garden blanket
Rows of food to feast all for mankind
To seek greedy profits is way out of line
Two thousand homes I’ll put on this land
No families will go to the old public sand
Moving my account across the cheap shore
I must have lost of money- more, more, more
This blanket of money shall strip many of garden
Little trees and land left everything will soon harden

No comments:

Post a Comment