Friday, September 24, 2010

LONELINESS CAN BE LONELY



Window
on the way back to work passing
the coffee shop I can only
see the Oscars and the
red carpet because it’s a
role they put on to hide
the real truth of misery’s
flashy buttons and zippers

Zoned In
Grounded by fear I stay in my zone
I don’t want to party I don’t want a loan
I’m my own entertainment and do quite well
I don’t need others for my head to swell
Go head call me selfish but I tell no big lies
I don’t fit well with either the girls or the guys
I’m not going to say that I’m above you or them
I’ve always been comfortable, alone in my stem
I doubt I could ever change my own silly ways
I’m pretty content with all of my ways
So I’m not exciting or extremely real fun
But I do know some things, that’ll obviously stun

Absolutely Alone
only my heart wept tears
all the places I drove
slapped me with pain
smiles became desperate
hellos
every day drags on slowly
dreams were about anyone
with me
Resentment froze my soul
of life
A damnation so cruel to
be so alone
absolutely alone

CRY FOR HELP
I’m here in body but not in spirit
I have much to say but no one can hear it
no wait I’m confused I just can’t think straight
what are my plans- come on- give me fate!
sometimes I wish I could fall off this earth
never seen again or even given no birth
if by chance you read this poem- please feel no pity
my no ambitions and laziness is not seen as pretty
don’t waste your time on someone pathetic like me
help someone beautiful who’d love to be set free
no wait this is a plea- just hear out my pain
clouds settle in- pouring everything like rain

EMPTY, ALONE AND SAD
alone and lonely I’m all scared
I thought for sure that someone cared
there’s no one to hold me when I cry
no one would even know if I were to die
I watch TV and wish I were there
any old character just so all can stare
I go walking and try to clear my mind
happy families walking is all i could find
I go home, eat dinner and go to bed
sometimes wondering why I’m not dead

No comments:

Post a Comment