Friday, September 24, 2010

MUSIC, DANCING & ORDINARY TIMES POEMS



Changing With Nature
I run into the wind thinking I’ll get magically swept into heaven
Two words come to mind
How & when
There were two elderly women sitting on a blue bench close by
They didn’t notice me one bit
I noticed them
Has it ever occurred to the butterflies that I want to fly too?
They prance around with grace
I want wings real bad
My boyfriend can give me such a headache sometimes
He listens too well…a lot
I can be klutzy
Nature is always changing and I sit and change along with it
I don’t want to hurt the plants
I squished their shade
My teeth have yet another toothache but I love the candy and gum
Sugar can be such torture to the mouth
Even the tongue seen better days
Now you’ve seen me in my true environment with no walls whatsoever
I can make you dinner if you like
I pause when I talk

The Time Box
Grandmothers clock gathers dust and
rings every midnight and every afternoon
She crochets for hours in and out wanting
Nothing but to be left alone to crochet
She has an occasional cup of tea with maybe
A cracker and some leftovers from previous night
I read my book watching her mesmerized by
Crocheting for hours and getting totally lost
So much enthusiasm hidden behind her fun
Character of being a master of a lost skill
The time box of going onto another twelve hours
Of finding time to relax in thread and needle

The ‘song’ of songs
You’ve heard hundreds of
Songs on the radio together
Heard songs at the bar that
Were classic beer guzzling tunes
Overheard the concert music
At street festivals and fairs
Oh but that song that one
Song that is just ours
A night out with friends, he
Pats my hand out of love
Grabs me, forces me to the
Floor and we dance insanely
He has no foggy idea probably
What song it is but I’ll never forget
Our first dance together and the
Song that holds key to my heart

Love Berries
Eating fields of love berries
Swelled my head to
Exciting amount of planting more fields to share
My love running
Through veins- dancing
With static merry
Oh the berry Gods will praise

Midyear
Pools of summer would swim to our side
Corn and steak barbecue would one collide
Tents with screens to reach to the stars
Big dipper of chocolate even eat Saturn and mars
Bathed in mud when mosquitoes rise from grass
Windmills of wonder would wave and pass
Tan for hours walk like a scary zombie for weeks
Highways and freeways reach their highest peaks
Camping, fishing- wildlife is to discover away
In the middle of the year when its time to play

Musically enriched
I listen to music because it is life
A child, a husband and a new wife
A moment of peace when I can think
Or being my only meditative shrink
Dancing to beats and shaking my ass
Singing along beautifully during church mass
Bringing to mind all of the past
Driving with the rhythm heading real fast
Making my own genuine real tune
Like center stage in hot summer June
I’m not a musician nor hold any beat
But I got my tastes, all genuinely neat
It’s big in my life and I appreciate its gift
Where it does the above and gives me a lift

1 comment:

  1. OK--I just read "Changing with Nature" and my faith in your poetry just took a leap. Jenna, I don't know what to say--it's clear that writing lots of poetry really does improve your skill. This is a beautiful poem, and I know i keep saying it, ...very publishable. But I guess that's what this blog is, right? But I mean old-fashioned "publishable"!

    ReplyDelete