Friday, September 24, 2010

PEOPLE COMPETE TOO MUCH IN THE WORLD POEMS



Transition
hopes to go to a better place
was only a nightmare no one
bothers to pass on
I’d take back my old life that was
miles compared to the inches I
have now
slowly I’m deteriorating
to millimeters
I want to go back to my poor
apartment, with my skinny cat,
locked doors, dripping faucet,
creaking, floors and the two photos
by my bed
transition of more and more are lies
glamorized with a better
life
I’m a shark in a volcano,
I’m an elephant in Antarctica
I don’t fit here anymore

Two Shoes
There were on occasions I
would actually be
calm and serene
For the most part I
only found the dark
half of people
I’d find their weaknesses
and go on about how
great I wasn’t them
They were my shoes-
I was their left and
they were my right
I can’t walk without
them. They’re part of
my calmness and serenity

YOU CAN NEVER BE OVERCONFIDENT
ignore and forget snob people in our world
there’s much more in life like being hugged and curled
enjoy your position and stand big what you’re for
the same all the time can be such a bore
being real perky can light up any room
you’ll enter with sparks and leave with a boom
words and looks could only damage themselves
forever gathering dust on old wooden shelves
because they’re old books and never ever read
growing moldy and blue like weak crumbling bread
don’t care what they think and shift your focus on now
see other fields and be that purple wondrous cow

No comments:

Post a Comment