Wednesday, June 16, 2010

ANIMAL KINGDOM POEMS



The Ant
I tried to boil him for
ten minutes but he wouldn’t give
I put him in the toilet to
float and even peed on him- nada
In the freezer for two hours straight
but still I got nothing
I taped him to the wall for a
week giving him no food- zilch
I had my cat eat him and
regurgitate him but STILL NOTHING
my only tactic left were the
red ants but absolutely nothing
this sugar ant was faithful
to his queen
he wasn’t going to give me the
whereabouts of his queen
still, I have hundreds of the pesky
army swarming my trailer
I let him go to warn
his queen that this meant war

Two Crickets
Two crickets casually by
two worms enjoying the
leaves and pixie flowers
were always trying to
impress the butterflies
with the crickets
The worms got upset saying
they were upsetting the
butterflies
Butterflies loved the heated
tension the crickets gave them,
but they loved the slow pace
of the worms too
The two fought all the time and
the butterflies ate it up
Soon both gave up and went
to the skanky flies
Then the flies and butterflies
were fighting
Next thing they were all single,
jealousy dating everywhere and
all head to the fleas, mosquitoes
and everything with wings

We bad
Being an all around doe
reasoning with this lion
who hasn’t eaten in quite awhile
was rather impossible
We reasoned and came
to an agreeable compromise
He could have part of
my torso and my back
right leg
Being the animal he is he ate
ALL of me
Oh the absurdity.
Caution to you lions out
there I’m coming back in
full force with elephants
You wait and see you
bullies
Yeah I have friends
those friends have friends
Right now I’m being in transition
Yeah we bad- we know animals

Ape
Cute and hairy, they speak to me free
Show me their ears and offer some tea
My family is theirs which I enjoy
And I give them mine so they can toy
They’re sad for me and my own life
Videos of my children in the city of Fife
So close I am to the very next house
They think I live life of a small mouse
Traveling days to visit my friendly apes
Has shown me home comes in more shapes

Ladybug
Warm in the yard I sit back at the view
Wind whispering secrets of even melancholy chew
Blossoms creeping so tenderly to life of green
Parading each other flocking more seeds of their gene
Ants from nowhere moving to numbers real deep
Rodents so cautious hearing the slightest small peep
Clouds of faces and even animal forms shaped
On my arm lands a ladybug that’s carefully draped

My Cat
Have you seen her go so fast and slick
She’ll purr real slow and avoid any tick
She’ll claw your chest and even your back
Relaxing you nicely while you lie in the sack
She meows at the puppies and plays along well
She’ll get really angry when the cat litters smell
Mice are her prey she claws really fast
On your bed she puts them where they die last
Ignored she hates so on your lap she goes
Cheering your day up and forgetting your lows
I love my cat she’s so lioness sheik
She never talks back when I speak

No comments:

Post a Comment